Why becoming sperm donor?
Because you can help couples who are not able to have children because of infertility problems. Because you can help same sex female couples to fulfill their dream to experience motherhood. Because you can help single women to become mothers.
Are you interested?
Please Contact Us
- To become a sperm donor spanish legislation establishes an age between 18-50 years.
- The donor must be healthy and not suffering from sexually transmitted or hereditary diseases.
- Contact us for an INFORMATIVE CONSULTATION.
- Upon first consultation our staff explains the process of donation and if the donor candidate accepts these terms he is appointed for an IN-PERSON INTERVIEW.
- If everything is correct after this IN-PERSON INTERVIEW the donor applicant is given appointment for the FIRST SPERM ANALYSIS TEST.
- If the sperm sample is fit for use at the sperm bank the applicant is given appointment for another sperm sample test and blood analysis to perform SCREENING and TESTING against SEXUALLY TRANSMITTING and HEREDITARY DISEASES.
- If the results of these tests are negative the applicant is accepted as sperm donor in our bank.
Sperm donations will receive retribution as specified by current Spanish law, specifically, LAW 14/2006 of 26 May, on human assisted reproduction techniques and as quoted for the sole purpose of “strictly compensating for physical discomfort and Travel and labor costs that may be derived from the donation. “.
- Article 5. Donors and donation contracts.
1. The donation of gametes and preembryos for the purposes authorized by this Law is a free, formal and confidential contract between the donor and the authorized center.
2. The donation will only be revocable when the donor needs the donated gametes for themselves, provided that on the date of the revocation those donations are available. The revocation will proceed the return by the donor of the expenses of all type originating to the receiving center.
3. The donation will never be profitable or commercial. The compensatory economic retribution that can be established can only compensate strictly the physical discomfort and the travel and labor expenses that can be derived from the donation and can not imply economic incentive for this one.
Any advertising or promotion activity by authorized centers that encourages the donation of human tissues and cells must respect the altruistic nature of the donation and can not, under any circumstances, encourage donation through the offer of compensation or economic benefits.
The Spanish Ministry of Health and Consumption, following a report from the National Commission for Assisted Human Reproduction, will periodically establish the basic conditions that guarantee respect for the gratuitous nature of the donation.
4. The contract will be signed in writing between the donors and the authorized center. Before formalization, donors should be informed of the purposes and consequences of the act. Information and consent should be made in appropriate formats, following the rules set by the design principle for all, so that they are accessible and understandable to people with disabilities.
5. Donations shall be anonymous and the confidentiality of donor identity data shall be guaranteed by gamete banks, as well as, where appropriate, by donor and activity records of the reproduction centers.
Born children have the right, either by themselves or by their legal representatives, to obtain general donor information that does not include their identity. The same right corresponds to the receptors of the gametes and the pre-embryos.
Only exceptionally, in exceptional circumstances involving a true danger to the life or health of the child, or where appropriate under the Criminal Procedure Laws, the identity of the donors may be disclosed, provided that such disclosure is indispensable to avoid danger or Achieve the proposed legal purpose. Such disclosure shall be restricted and shall not in any way imply disclosure of the identity of the donors.
6. Donors must be over 18 years old, have good psychophysical health and have full capacity to act. Its psychophysical status must comply with the requirements of a mandatory donor study protocol that will include its phenotypic and psychological characteristics as well as the clinical conditions and analytical determinations necessary to demonstrate, according to the state of the existing knowledge of science and technique At the time of its realization, that donors do not suffer genetic, hereditary or infectious diseases transmissible to the offspring. The same conditions will apply to samples from donors from other countries; In this case, those in charge of the corresponding dispatching center must prove compliance with all those conditions and tests whose determination can not be practiced in the samples sent to their reception. In any case, authorized centers may refuse donation when the donor’s psychophysical conditions are not adequate.
7. The maximum authorized number of children born in Spain that have been generated with gametes of the same donor should not exceed six. In order to effectively maintain this limit, donors must declare in each donation whether they have made previous donations, as well as the conditions of donations, and indicate the time and place in which donations were made.
It will be the responsibility of each center or service that uses donor gametes to validly verify the identity of the donors, as well as, where appropriate, the consequences of previous donations made regarding the generation of children born previously. If it is believed that the number of these exceeded the established limit, the samples from that donor will be destroyed.
Upon the operations start of the national registry of donors referred to in Article 21, the verification of said data may be done by consulting the corresponding registry.
8. The provisions of this article shall apply to the assumptions of donation of spare gametes not used in the reproduction of the couple for the reproduction of persons outside it.
For more information please contact CEIFER Biobanco
Becoming a donor will not cause any disruption to your lifestyle.
- The donor shall choose day and time for donations.
- The donor shall also choose the frequency of donations.
- We understand that cancellations of appointments do occur, unforeseen events, unanticipated sex, etc.
- In such a case please contact us in order to cancel the appointment and get another.
Donate in Granada
+34 958 254 112
Donate in Sevilla
+34 671 889 531